Friday, December 22, 2017

Of Guns and Gunners

somehow the British gunners ended up without a single linstock amongst them   
while the Dutch, Spanish and French are all properly equipped

     While waiting for the glue to dry on the bastions-basing project I spent my time finishing the gun crews that I had assembled. This took less time than I thought it would and I now am the owner of six more gun crews. I also painted one of my scratch-built fortress-carriage cannons. They seem to work together well enough. I am thinking that making a mold and casting the guns instead of scratch-building them is probably the best answer, more on that idea later.

the French gunners bravely volunteered to fire the experimental new cannon

4 comments:

  1. Looking good! I love how you snap your fingers and poof! You have instant figures to play with. I'm still working on putting my dudes together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I come to wargaming from a plastic modelling background.....a kit with only a half dozen parts is a breeze, even if there are two dozen figures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those wargames factory figures do look very nice. I have some stashed away for Maurice but have yet to bite the bullet. Maybe 2018?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost picked up the Warlord Games Marlborough's Army that they have on sale .....the price is excellent. Maybe after the holidays

    ReplyDelete